Dr. Khin Maung Zaw is a Pro-rector of Sittway University since 21st Nov, 2007. Prior to taking this position, he was a Professor of Geography Department, Mawlamyine University. At the present, he had experienced of 25 years at teaching-cum-researchand two years in administration. He has received doctorate degree in Geography with specialization in Urban Ecosystem from Yangon University in 2003. He has already published 10 papers in regional research journals, presented 10 research papers, 3 articles concerned with educational ideology in University Magazines and 2 essays in News Letter of University of Distance Education (Yangon).
- Ph.D, University of Yangon, Yangon, Myanmar, 1998-99 – 2003-04
- M.A, University of Yangon, Yangon, Myanmar, 1993 – 1995
- B.A (Hons), University of Yangon, Yangon, Myanmar, 1991
- 14/7/2011 – Until, Professor and Head,Department of Geography, Mawlamyine University, Mon State.
- 31/9/2009 – 14/7/2011, Associate Professor and Head, Department of Geography, Myeik University,Thaninthayi Region.
- 4/5/2001 – 31/8/2009, Lecturer,Department of Geography, West Yangon University,Yangon Region.
- 3/12/2001 – 4/5/2004, Assistant Lecturer,Department of Geography, Pakokku University, Magway Region.
- 15/11/1993 -3/12/2001, Tutor, Department of Geography, University of Yangon, Yangon Region.
Training & Professional Development
- Statistics in Geography, University of Yangon, Yangon, 1993 Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System (GIS), University of Yangon, Yangon, 1998-99
- Urban SustainabilityWworkshop, MoE with Germany, Yangon, 2003
- Mega City, Yangon Workshop, MoE with Germany, 2005
Research Paper Publication
Name of Publication Journal
|1||How to Use ICT Effectively for Academic Research: Elibrary||SITTWAY UNIVERSITY RESEARCH JOURNAL,||
5, No. 1.|
|2||Geographical Analysis on Spatial Distribution Pattern of Mobile Shops: A Case of Mawlamyine City||SITTWAY UNIVERSITY RESEARCH JOURNAL,||
5, No. 1.|
|3||An Assessment on Water Supply System in Mudon Town, Mon State||MAWLAMYINE UNIVERSITY RESEARCH JOURNAL,||
16, No. 1.|
|4||The Effect of Thanlwin Bridge (Mawlamyine) on the Economic Condition of Mawlamyine City, Mon State||UNIVERSITIES RESEARCH JOURNAL,||
7, No. 5|
|5||Fruit Cultivtion in Bainbyaw Village Tract, Kyeikmaraw Township, Mon State||MAWLAMYINE UNIVERSITY RESEARCH JOURNAL,||
6, No. 1.|
|6||A Main Vegetable Supply Area in Shan State: Myinmathi Village Tract, Kalaw Township||MYEIK UNIVERSITY RESEARCH JOURNAL,||2011|
|7||The processes and pattern of urban area extension in Mawlamyine City||MYANMAR ACADAMY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES (MAAS)||2010|
|8||A Role of Agriculture in Htantabin Township: A Case of Paddy Cultivation||MAAS||2009|
|9||Urban Agriculture: A case of Grass Cultivation in Dayingone Area, Yangon City||MAAS||2009|
|10||Geographical Analysis on Textile Industry in Pakokku Region||MAAS||2007|